Monday, September 22, 2008

CVS

So after the planetarium tonight, I run into CVS.  I couldn't find the $11.99 wrinkle serum but I still wanted to grab some Soy Joy bars for Bella.  I had only brought a few couples in, so I bought 10 bars.  I get up to the counter and I have five B1G1 coupons and one $2/10.  The cashier starts scanning before I can even hand my CVS card to her so they rang up as $1.29 each.  Then she scans my card and $7.90 come off.  My total is now $5 and she scans the first B1G1 coupon...  and enters it as $1.29!  I said "no they are only $0.50" and she said "yeah but it isn't entered that way so I have to take the full amount off."  So she scans 3 of them and then the $2 off coupon and she says "oh wait, now you're $0.87 in the negative, you need to buy something else."  So I grab two packs of Mentos (which is ok because it's one of the only candies my boys can eat) and my new total is $0.71.  Then she hands me 2 of my B1G1 coupons back because she didn't even use them!  So I was expecting to pay $0.50 for 10 Soy Joy bars, and I ended up paying $0.71 and getting two packs of Mentos as well.  Not bad!  I didn't lose or earn ECBs.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

see! that's the way my last transaction went down at CVS, I had no clue what she was doing but she was doing as she was told by her MANAGER.. I guess I made out on the deal but seriously.. how many times have they not scanned a coupon and we didn't notice until we got out to the car or got home. it all comes out in the wash as they say! lol!

Mrs. J said...

How's the Soyjoy? I'm afraid to try it out unless I know which flavor is the best.I just read some people are not crazy about it. What dya think?

Lisa B. said...

*shaking my head* sometimes I dont understand how CVS's registers work. But I'm always happy when it is in my favor!

Anonymous said...

I like the Mango Coconut. Hubby likes the strawberry. I did the same transaction today! Thanks for the reminder to get myself to CVS. : )