Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bargains today!!!!

So a friend of mine brought over a HUGE stack of coupons for me yesterday...  I was so excited that I sat down for almost an hour looking through them and cutting out all the good ones!  I picked out the ones I wanted to use right away and the kids and I piled into the van to go.  We had other errands to run as well.  First we went to the bank where I deposited money in the boys' bank accounts and I also turned in the summer reading forms for the girls.  The girls are old enough to participate, they each read 10 books (they read wayyyyyyy more but we picked 10 and wrote them on the form) and earned $1 for each book!!  

Then we drove to the senior center where my Gram and her boyfriend spend most of their mornings.  My Gram had bid on some folding chairs for me at the center and won so I needed to go pick them up!  They are going to be perfect for holidays here at the house!  They are white, sturdy, attractive and fold for easy, slim storage!  Thank you Gram!

Next we stopped at the library to pick out new books for the kids.  I ran into a friend and totally forgot about looking for a new book for myself!  Between the 4 kids, we brought home 58 books though!!!  Thank goodness for libraryelf.com or I'd never remember how many are due back!

I ran into CVS only to learn they had no more Rubbermaid totes on clearance so I left right away.  

Next, we went to Redner's and I bought 1 bag of frozen Green Giant broccoli, 2 Gold Peak teas, 2 rolls of Marcal toilet paper, and 6 boxes of Ronzini Smart Taste pasta.  My total was $12 and after coupons, I paid $2.35.  I had picked up 27 Green Giant veggies on a trip earlier this week and TWO of the bags broke in my freezer and corn spilled out all over!  I plan on writing to Green Giant about that.  We have had corn and broccoli though and I think they taste great.  We also had some of the pasta tonight for dinner (I had bought 13 boxes on my earlier trip), and I thought it was very yummy!

Last stop was Walmart!  I bought quite a bit here...  2 boxes of cereal, 4 boxes of fruit snacks (I don't even let my kids eat these, but *I love them), 2-pack Magic Eraser, three 18 gallon Rubbermaid totes, 3 Febreeze Noticeables, 1 pack of string cheese, 6 Scented Oil Plug ins, 3 Ball lids and caps, a kids' game on clearance for $5, and 4 small bags of Fritos for the kids to eat while I shopped.  My total before coupons was $83.24 and after coupons, I paid just $27.55!  I had coupons for everything except the game and Fritos.  

I don't have any errands to run tomorrow but it's our last day to spend with Daddy/Hubby before he leaves on a week long business trip.  This is my first time away from him for longer than two nights in our 8+ years together.  :(  It's going to be a LONG week!!!  

No comments: