Sunday, September 7, 2008

CVS Summer Clearance

Yesterday at CVS, I bought 7 bags of Kingsford Match Light charcoal for 75% off that made each 7lb bag just $1.75, that's less than 30 cents a pound!!  

Today, I went back and bought a few boys hats for 90% off.  I found two Nemo and one Lightning McQueen for just 89 cents each!  I think I got a tube water ring for the pool as well for 18 cents.  Not sure who or when that will be used, but I needed a filler to use my ECBs to their full extent.  I went to the CVS near our church this afternoon and they wouldn't adjust my ECBs down!  The other two CVS stores I frequent will adjust ECBs so you don't have to buy fillers, you can choose just to lose the 50 cents or whatever is left.  Oh well, I don't go to that one often, so it's not a big deal!

Then there were also Rubbermaid storage containers and laundry baskets on sale for 50% off and I had $1 off coupons as well.  I bought three baskets for $1.99 each and three 18 gallon storage containers for $3.49 each.  They aren't *amazing* prices but they are things I needed and at prices that beat Walmart!  

I also got free after ECB Revlon nail polish, and earned $1 buying some Loreal Skin Genesis Facial Wipes.  I am not sure there are many other deals for me to do this week!  I do want to pick up more Tom's of Maine toothpaste and Arnicare pain reliever (September monthly deals) though!


3 comments:

Melissa said...

omg I saw those rubbermaid containers and never thought to scan the prices to see how much they are AND I FORGOT ABOUT THE COUPNS FOR RUBBERMAID STUFF! ughhh I gotta go find mine and go back to that CVS!

Dr. Mom said...

Great buys! My kids would kill for their own laundry baskets to use as cars/boats/space ships... I am going to have to make another trip to CVS!

Carrie said...

Wow, i wish i had remembered about the Rubbermaid coupons. wonder if they are still on sale? the hubs is always complaining that we do not have enough laundry baskets.