Sunday, October 5, 2008

CVS Saturday


Ok, I was kind of irritated with myself for going to the CVS that I always have a problem with...  it's my own fault for continuing to return!!  Maybe I should call to complain?  They act like I'm a horrible person for using coupons and they are not in the least bit friendly!!  

So, anyway, I had a bunch of $2 off Schick Disposable Razor coupons that expired yesterday so I wanted to use them up.  Every other time that I have used this coupon at CVS, I have been told to buy 2 (at 99 cents each) per $2 coupon.  So, I had 16 in my cart, and 8 coupons out.  The cashier tells me that I can only use one per pack.  I tell her about my past experiences, she calls a manager, the manager rolls her eyes at me and says "I've never heard of that, it says ONE razor."  Actually, it doesn't, but whatever.  The manager tells me I can only use one coupon per pack and they will mark it down to 99 cents.  So I said "ok, well I have more" and pull 7 more coupons out of  my purse.  They both just stared at me, then the manager walked away.  So I had 16 in my cart and only 15 coupons and I didn't think to have her take the last one off so I ended up paying for it.  I also realized after I got to the car that my Dawn coupon never scanned so I actually spent $1.98 more than I should have!  Ugh!  Anyway, here's the break down:

Dawn Hand Renewal $0.99
(3) Colgate Maxfresh Toothpaste $2.99 each = $8.97 total
(15) Schick Disposable Razor $0.99 each = $15.84 total
 Total: $25.80
Used: (15) $0.99 Schick, (3) $1 Colgate Maxfresh (and my $1 Dawn that wasn't scanned!!), $7.79 in ECBs, $0.16 in cash
Earned $6 in ECBs, so my total was $1.95 between ECBs lost and cash spent.  Still not bad, but my final total should have been $5.96 so I would have used my $6 ECBs, no cash and gotten $6 ECBs back!  Oh well.

1 comment:

Mrs. J said...

Hi Kim, I didn't get a problem with those $2 Schick coupons.The coupon didn't state "excludes trial size" so I don't know what their prob was. Maybe their just being jealous that you're taking razors for free and they don't hehehe.